Sunday, April 1, 2012

Movement

I pushed and pushed on my belly last night and then held it squished in (I know, poor baby!) and I felt the baby move!! It was this absolute flip right over in my lower belly. My eyes got really big and I was like, "That's the baby!" So much fun...although pushing on my tummy is not fun, feeling my wee one flip over is!

I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and being a first time mom, I know it's early to feel movement. However, I'm thin and small and the midwife said I definitely might feel something earlier. I have felt little flutters and flips here and there....really only two or three other times that I think was really the baby. It's all so exciting.

Still feels very surreal that there is a baby in there. Like a whole person. A whole person I'll get to hold and keep. So very odd to think that a complete person is forming in my belly as we speak. Wow.

In other news, I think it's time to buy some maternity pants. Not for the usual reason though. All my pants are still too big and falling down when I stand up! My waist hasn't gained any weight...only my belly! The only pair of pants that fits when I stand up is starting to press in uncomfortably on me when I sit down. I did make a pair of maternity jeans...but my belly is not big enough to hold them up yet. Sigh.

Time to buy pants.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails