Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Migraine

I woke up with a migraine today. I wanted to share it, because I haven't had one in five days, but also because I don't just want to share the good stuff, but the bad stuff, too.

I had increased tension when I went to bed last night, so I got up and took an Imitrex. I woke up six hours later in awful nine out of ten pain. (Sorry, I'm a nurse, I describe all pain on a pain scale, lol.) I got up, took more Imitrex and Aleve and went back to bed, even though it was eight or so already.

As I laid there, waiting to fall back asleep, I just thought, "I can't do this anymore."

I'm at that point. The point where you just can't keep doing what you are doing because it's hurting you. It was time for change and every headache I get now will remind me of why I am doing all of this. I just can't live in pain like that anymore. I can't and I won't.

I'm not surprised that this migraine cropped up. I really don't think this one had anything to do with food. I think it was more a hormonal issue as my friend came today. Migraine and my friend coming on the same day? Yup, for the last two years, that has been the pattern. I will be looking into a possible hormonal imbalance in the future, but for now, it's enough to know that this is not the diet failing me.

Good reassurance.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails