Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Food Plan

The last week or so, I've been trying to avoid foods that contain these items:

- refined sugar
- MSG
- high fructose corn syrup
- partially hydrogenated anything

So, most of everything we have in our house contains these items. Even my butter and applesauce. Stinks. BUT, I've been doing well, sticking to whole foods, natural sugars, proteins, etc. I've been cooking everyday and realizing the need for more recipes for whole foods. I know how to cook with processed, packaged foods, but I am not as good when it comes to whole, raw foods. 

I will learn. 
lol.
And probably have lots of funny failures in the meantime.
(I'll post them here, don't worry.)

The one thing I've noticed is that except for one or two little twinges every now and then, I am not really craving sugary sweet stuff like I used to. I actually want to eat veggies and "real" food. More than I ever have before. Perhaps not eating sugar makes you not crave sugar? 

I did cave once and eat six little mini cookies. Interestingly, I noticed that I had a nice sized headache about two hours after consuming them after an entire day free of headache. Hmmm....makes you wonder. Headache wise, it's been rocky since the cookies. Nothing HUGE, but one or two sudden headaches with bouts of almost instant nausea. Yuck. 

Anyway, the long term plan in my head is to use up what we have and when we buy replacements, to buy things that I can eat, so I have more options! We'll see what happens!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails