Thursday, June 2, 2011

(Lazy) Two-Week Meal Plan

This is a lazy meal plan.....or perhaps I will just call it a flexible meal plan. Since I've been eating real food that I actually have to cook and because I hate food-type stores, I now realize the need to meal plan. So, I list out a bunch of meals that I will cook with some sides and then a few desserts, go shopping all at once, cook in large batches, freeze some, eat some and then we are done! Whew. Oh, I list breakfast items, too.

Breakfast items get their own category, because I love breakfast. Favorite meal of the day. YUM.

Two Week Meal Plan - May 27 to June 9th

Main Dishes

Lemon Garlic Drumsticks
Eggplant Torta (sorta like lasagna I think!)
Cucumber Soup
Apple Bacon Tomato Soup
Tortilla Wraps
Chicken & Fruit Salad
Marinated Chicken dish
Ahi Tuni Steaks with Coconut Lime Cous Cous

Sides

Squash/Onion/Zucchini sauteed up in EVOO
Side Salads
Hummus - 3 different kinds cause I'm making a lot!

Breakfast

Eggs - any new way I can think of!
Hot Wheat Cereal
Gluten Free Apple Pancakes (although I'm sorta sick of these)
Bean/Deer/Tomato Quiche
Bean Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Overnight Oatmeal (maybe....can't decide if its important to stay away from oats)

Desserts

Yogurt with Fruit (If my new yogurt starter ever comes)
Baked Custard
Flourless Cocoa Cake
Organic Strawberry Smoothies

So there you have it! Some of the recipes I am altering to make them more nutritious, or just plain ok for me to eat right now. For all the main dishes, I just make the recipe and it's usually enough to feed me and Justin for one meal plus have one to two leftover dishes to pack up for work or lunches. Some recipes I am striving to make two of so I can have a freezer meal when I don't feel like cooking. Like today when I made Cucumber Soup, I made a triple batch because cukes were on sale when I went shopping so I got 6, instead of the two the recipe called for!

I'm getting used to cooking smarter, not more. AND cleaning smarter, not more or harder. Right now, I have three types of beans soaking on my counter. Tomorrow I shall cook three pots of beans for a long time, use some beans right away in recipes and freeze the rest to have instant "canned" beans when I need them. Using dry beans is MUCH cheaper than buying in the can. Plus safer.

Ok, longest post ever. Sorry! Bye!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails