Saturday, June 4, 2011

Eating Real Food on a Budget

Eating real food means that I have to follow a budget. It's more expensive in some ways, but cheaper in others.

Organic and whole foods can cost more.
BUT I'm not buying anything I can make myself or snack/processed foods.

Ta-da! More expensive, but buying fewer items, so it should equal out, right? Right.

Unless you are me and go to Trader Joe's for the first time, get excited about all the food you can actually eat there and buy a ton of splurge items. I spent way too much money at Trader Joe's and blew up my food budget.

I cried.
Yes, I cried.
A couple times.

I have been trying really hard to stick to our processed food budget and it's been working, until now. It made me upset that I had such weak willpower and went over so much. So not me.

Luckily, my loving and forgiving husband has been working overtime and covered it for me.

I cried again when I told him. AND, I just did the numbers and realized the total I told him I went over was a low estimate.
Poo.

I'll have to tell him the real estimate in the morning.
Double poo.

So, to understand what happened, I went over each receipt from all six stores I went to.
AND after about an hour of computing and circling things on receipts that were splurges......


I feel better.

My meal plan would have fit into my budget if I hadn't gone over and splurged and if I hadn't needed to stock up.

Yes, I'm crazy and anal to spend an hour and break all this down, but its necessary.
I need to be able to do this on a real budget.
It's important to me.
Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

InHisSteps13099 said...

It's worth it my friend
::hugs::
~Skyla

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails