Saturday, May 14, 2011

One Day Changes Everything

I received some hard-to-hear news yesterday. Nothing tragic or awful, although it felt like it at the time. I felt broken all day and was on the verge of tears. It felt like this news was going to change my entire world. I heard the news at 7:30am and by 8pm I was still tearing up while discussing it. Cried the initial cry at 7:30am and then had to go work with sick children for 12 extremely long hours. It was the longest day of my life. All I wanted to do was curl up in my bed and cry.

By the end of the day, we're talking 11pm-ish, I had gained some perspective. I was all cried out and I simply felt exhausted at that point. My husband was wonderful and I went to bed snuggling with my best friend. I felt loved.

This morning, when I woke up, amazingly, it all seemed better. It wasn't such a big deal anymore. If the worst happens from it, then it happens. It's still not as awful as I had originally thought. Even more, the worst probably won't happen. I'll probably end up with a sad but ok, medium, in the middle situation. Or Jesus could show how amazing He is and work it out so that nothing changes.

Either way, I'm glad for the perspective of an extra day on the situation. Everything always looks and sounds so much better after you've slept, rested, showered and eaten.

Sorry to be vague. While this is something that is affecting my life in a big way right now, it's not something I can share right now. I would appreciate your prayers. And don't worry, all is well with us in the big picture. It's just the details that get hairy now and then.

1 comment:

InHisSteps13099 said...

Praying!
::hugs::
~Skyla

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails