Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'd like you to meet someone very special...


His name is Derrick.

He's a gorgeous, soulful-eyed, little 8 year old boy in Uganda, Africa. He a World Vision child that I recently began to sponsor back in October.

Let me tell you, I feel in love with this little man the first time I saw his picture on the World Vision table. His cute little expression, his big eyes, the seriousness....he is ready to take on the world and I love it.

He just recently had a birthday and I wanted to hop on a plane to Africa, hug him and tell him loved he is from afar.

I am loving sponsoring this guy. I get to write emails, send cards and birthday celebration games. It's so exciting. I get a progress report once a year and when he is able, he will write me back.

If you haven't heard of World Vision and the amazing work they do for children across the globe, I'd encourage you to take a few minutes to check it out. To sponsor a child it costs $35/month. If you can't afford that on a monthly basis, you should take a look at the "gift catalog". You can buy a one time gift for a village, such as a share in a new well they need to dig, a brick for their school house, or a gift of a goat and two chickens for a family.

It's a beautiful thing to share and well worth the effort to impact these little lives for the better. I just love it. I hope you'll check it out and consider sponsoring a child. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails