Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Warm liquid in bare hand

I caught a kid's puke in my bare hand the other day for the first time.

I was behind him and he was in the bed facing his poor Dad who was sleeping in his bed. I heard the noises, I knew puke was coming, and I had nothing but my hand. I didn't want poor sleeping Dad to get woken up with warm puke trickling down his face. GROSS.

This is the first time I've ever caught bodily fluids in my bare hand. (Although I did grab a paper towel to catch more puke in....I know! I couldn't find anything better, ok?) It was not as gross as I'd always imagined it to be and yes, I did wash my hands MOST thoroughly after that.

Ahhh, the joys of being a children's nurse.
I'm gonna be such a good mom!

2 comments:

Tara Marie said...

At least it's not as bad as catching it in your mouth - accidental. My friend at work had that happen with his lil boy!

EW!

Ashley W. said...

:) I was puking yesterday... the toilet caught it though. HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails