Friday, November 28, 2008

New opportunities

I am so very sorry for leaving you all with such an unpleasant post at the top of my blog for nearly 10 days! Ugh. So very sorry. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again. :)

Life has been...interesting lately.

1. --> I've read Amos. I have struggled with it, prayed over it, avoided God for a day or two because of it, received an answer, came to peace with it and was inspired by it. Wow. Such a lot of action for such a little book. It's good, really good. If you're interested in more, let me know. I probably (smile) could be convinced to write out my thoughts.

2. --> I've had some friendships renewed, some deepened and as we speak, some are potentially forming.

3. --> I've been challenged by the Lord to do something that I've really never thought about doing before...seriously that it. I've dreamed about it lots of times. Let me tell you, the actual doing it is much harder than dreaming about it! More about this later....

4. --> My living situation is changing. I have a roommate moving in shortly. I love it, but in my head I can't help but think, "Here we go again!".

5. --> Work is slowly becoming less awful as I remember and ask the Lord how to have JOY in EVERY circumstance, not just the good ones. I'm really working on not taking work so seriously and smiling more. Really, it's been sad. I don't know what happened to me, but over the last few weeks, I've just become a different person at work. Cynical, hard, always overwhelmed, taking things very personally, not compartmentalizing, very pessimistic, ugh. I just felt tired. I'm still not sure what happened, but I'm trying to make it better...which means I'm asking the Lord HOW (?!?) a lot.

The End Result --> I'm trying to have more joy in EVERY area of my life. It's been hard lately, but tonight I read these awesome articles that convicted and encouraged me. I thought I would share. They are below. Enjoy!

From My Love by Opportunities for Joy by

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails