Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hello from My Head

Been reading a lot lately, and thus, been thinking a lot.
Sorry there are no verses typed out with the references. It is 4:34am and I am tired. You would be, too.

Acts 13:2-3

Here, while the disciples were in worship and fasting, Holy Spirit spoke to them to annoint Barnabus and Saul for ministry. Yet, they didn't stop what they were doing. They continued on in worship. Then, when they were done, they laid hands on the two disciples and prayed.

Wonder if fasting, prayer and worship commonly precedes those times in our lives when the Lord calls us out to be annointed in a specific way. It hasn't always in my life, but I haven't always been willing to fast. What have you noticed in your life?

Acts 13:22

Oh gosh. Everytime I read how the Lord views David my heart twinges. I know the Lord loves and cherishes me, but I want Him to think of me how He thinks of David. I want to understand His heart, cherish it back. It's called intimacy. It's a good thing and I want it.

Acts 14:19-20

Betcha they prayed for him.

P.S. - I'm a watermelon today. Green scrub top, hot pink pants. I like it. :)

P.P.S. - There was a postcard moment in my life today driving to work. Watermelon scrub outfit, scrunchy clean smelling hair, sunglasses applied, windows down, hot breeze, Hillsong blaring, coffee in hand. It was pretty much perfect in my view. Just like a postcard. It made me happy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails