Saturday, April 19, 2008

Overnights #5

Well, it's that time of the morning again, and sorry to say, I have nothing interesting to report. The hospital is kind of quiet over night now that respiratory season is pretty much over. Sadly, though, that also means that we have stopped getting in the very wee babies who are SO cute.

Now we just have a bunch of toddlers with dehydration.

I did have a sad/cute moment this evening. We had to put yet another IV in a preschooler and we all sang songs to help distract him. It was funny. There we were two IV nurses, me, a PCT and Dad all holding this kid down and singing. We sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, the ABC's, Hey Diddle Diddle and Row Row Row Your Boat. I surprised myself by remembering all the lines to Hey Diddle Diddle. The kid wasn't so impressed with Old Macdonald Had a Farm, though. According to him, Old Mac didn't grow any plants, tend any animals or even have a pet. lol.

Some farmer.

1 comment:

joshuanoel said...

Hahaha.. Apparently the kid knows Old Mac better than you do. I'm curious about this corn race though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails