Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jim Elliot

So, I've been wanting to write about this for a while.

Jim Elliot was a missionary who was killed on the missions field by the very people he was ministering to. His wife was Elizabeth Elliot, she's written a lot of books now. You might also know their story from the movie The End of the Spear. Anyways, Jim said a lot of wise things while he was alive, most of which are recorded and preserved through his journals and the book his wife wrote about him.

I first read this quote several years ago while living in Texas, but it's been sticking in my head recently. It's a good quote. Let me know what you think.

"...let not our longing slay the appetite of our living..." - Jim Elliot

2 comments:

sunnyviolas said...

i got a google account thingy! now i can comment everybody's blogs!

Ashley W. said...

Yay for camera! Congrats! I love that quote...still think about it every once in a while as well...I think it's okay to long, as long as you are able to enjoy the moment you're in. (So hard).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails