Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just a thought

Paging through Proverbs tonight. (I am doing last minute prep work for a class on leadership I am teaching tomorrow.) Found several great verses. This one really stuck out to me. I had it underlined with notes written next to it. Here it is.

"A man's own folly ruins his life, yet his heart rages against the Lord."
- Proverbs 19:3


Ugh. It just hit me, right in the chest. How many times do we sin, mess things up in our lives, and then yell at the Lord because our life is hard?

::get out small soapbox::

The Word of God really is living, breathing, and active. It is just as applicable today as it was 2,000 years ago. I love the Word, it just stirs something inside of me when I read it. I just remember HOW GREAT the Lord truly is and it makes me smile. And it's TRUE! (I get excited about that part as well.) The Word of God is TRUE. (!!!)

::step off small soapbox::

Ok, I'm done and it's time to go back to working. Hope you enjoyed that!

1 comment:

InHisSteps13099 said...

I always do :-)
~Skyla

ps I miss you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails