Friday, March 12, 2010

Freedom

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and do not be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galations 5:1

This has been running through my mind a lot lately. I'm finding freedom in my life in a bunch of small and new ways. Or perhaps just ways that I've forgotten lately and am recommitting to.

Freedom to not blog for days when I don't want to.
Freedom to try new things and not be afraid of failure.
Freedom to trust the Lord with all the little things.
Freedom to take a break when I need to.
Freedom to trust the Lord with all the big things.
Freedom not to worry.

I've been working on a yellow quilt lately. It's been fun. I've never made a quilt before. I've done some research and am now taking my first attempt at it. I love working on it, surprisingly, as I don't much really like to sew. It's not just any quilt. It's the first quilt of many that the Lord has given me ideas for and asked me to make. That makes it a slightly bigger deal. Okay, a much bigger deal to me.

I feel okay when I am working on it, but convincing myself to sit down and start working on it is hard.

Thoughts run through my head like, "I'm going to mess it up." and "What am I thinking? I can't do this." and "Oh, guess I'm not really good at this after all." All lies and we know from where. I've really been having to stand on HIS truth lately, that I am His, that He equips, that if He's called me to do it, He'll help and it will probably take some failures to get to a really well-built quilt, but that's ok. And in standing on that, I've found freedom lately. It's a beautiful thing.

The doing is always harder than the imagining.

As for new hard things, I am making Justin a double chocolate 14 layer cake today for his birthday dinner tonight from a recipe I found on Bakerella.com. Pictures will come.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails