Monday, June 30, 2008

Project Entry Way: Completed

After (literally) months of planning, replanning, designing, redesigning, approx 1,000 color swatches (j/k), and much help from family and friends, the entryway is complete and cleaned up.

The project entailed:

- painting the walls and wood work white.
- constructing 14 different wooden frames
- upholstering the frames with fabric
- spray painting all picture/mirror frames black
- installing a new blind
- updating light switch covers with black paint

I purchased everything for this project at 3 of my favorite store, Home Depot, Lowes, and Joann Fabrics. (Although I only went to Lowes because I had a coupon.) The entire entry way was completed on a very modest budget.

The bottom line: I love my entry way! It look so artsy, fresh and clean! I love it. I could not be happier with how it turned out.

Anyway, for those of you who have been patiently listening to my many plans to redecorate this room in my house, and for anyone else, I have uploaded more pictures to the slideshow at your right of the screen. If you want to see bigger pictures, just click on the slideshow!

Thank you to amazing wonderful mom, my very patient Dad, my sister Nichole, my roommate Nichole, and to my dedicated painters: Steve, Ricky and Maria. :) Thanks everyone!

When will you be free to do the living room...... ??
(I am just kidding! I probably won't want to start the living room until September, at least.)

:)

4 comments:

InHisSteps13099 said...

looks great!
When are you going to come conspire with Jen to make me decorate my living room :-)
~Skyla

Paula said...

Very Cool... worth all the work.

Love YA

Ashley W. said...

WOW! Great job!! It's beautiful. I'm very impressed :) You want to do my living room?? Or, maybe you could at help me with ideas for our bedroom if I send you pictures...

Kristen Good said...

@ashley w.

Thanks Ash! hehe. It's actually really hard to design without ever actually being there in person, but if you want to send me some pictures of the house and your bedroom, I can give you some ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails