Girls' Retreat (Friday - Saturday)
- You were created to fit and be bound to the Lord as a belt fits and is bound to a man's waist. The Lord created you to fit to Him. (Read Jeremiah 13:1-11)
- When you are created for something, nothing else satisfies you but that thing.
- You will never know what you are supposed to do with your life until you understand who you are. When you know who you are, you know what you are called to.
- If you are a daughter/son of God, then your FIRST and PRIMARY purpose/calling/destiny in life is to be in loving, intimate relationship with God.
- God didn't create Adam so He wouldn't have to name all the animals. He created Adam to have fellowship and relationship with.
- Everything that is "expected" of us as Christians falls secondary (and flows out of) to the primary purpose of knowing Jesus in relationship.
- We do the "expected" things as Christians because we ARE part of Jesus' family, not to gain an entrance pass to or maintain our status in His family.
- When we ask "what is our purpose in life?" as it pertains to job and career, we are asking the wrong question.
- The question you should be asking is "What do I need to do with my life in order to best accomplish the things Jesus has asked me to do based on how He has made me?"
- The Lord sits at our right and left hands and whispers in our ears "go right, go left, you're on course." We need never fear (or fear messing up) our destiny with the Lord.
- If you had to introduce yourself based on your identity in Christ only, what would you say?
- How would your life (and actions) introduce you?
- The Father doesn't want/need another hireling or servant. He wants a son/daughter.
- Stop performing (keeping score in your head) and starting living as a son/daughter of God.
- There is no community service when it comes to grace and mercy
Sigh. It was such a good weekend.
I love it when the Lord shakes up things I thought I had a handle on. You never stop growing and learning in the Lord. It's like any other relationship. I think I will be 89 years old still trying to grasp hold of how the Lord thinks of me. His love is just so HUGE!
SO, I know those quotes were long, but really, if you can just grasp a small iota of how Jesus views you and who He created you to be, it will change your life.
Today's Thought: If you stopped "keeping score" in your head and simply lived as His child, how would your life change?